Your new company
Our client, a South Eastern council within the Melbourne metropolitan area is currently undergoing exciting developments to grow, evolve and enhance its offerings with a big emphasise on the importance of promoting diversity within the area. They are currently hiring to ensure that these developments are carried out by skilled and experienced professionals who are equally as passionate about their ideas and who share their values.
Your new role
Reporting to the Coordinator – Statutory Planning, you will be:
What you'll need to succeed
- Processing planning permits including requests for amendments and extensions for permits.
- Taking telephone calls and counter enquiries and providing verbal and written advice on planning matters
- Preparing for and attending VCAT tribunal
- Providing assistance and support to management including briefing on issues, organising meetings and other duties as appropriate.
- Providing assistance and advice to other Council service providers on planning matters.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in planning or a related discipline.
- Previous experience in processing planning permit applications
- Previous experience in statutory planning processes and legislation
- Ability to research, prepare reports and make recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills and ability to work and act on your own initiative
What you'll get in return
This is a three month temporary assignment. You will be presented a wide range of opportunities within the company, flexible working hours, and a Band 5 Salary. This Council offers a fast-growing and thriving team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us on 0385624217 or via email Courtney Sweetman | email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508