Your new company
This well-known Federal Government Department is seeking 2 x APS6 Program Officers to join their busy and dynamic team due to a recent restructure. Your sections will be apart of a Branch responsible for leading the Government's policy and program response to improve communications connectivity for regional and remote Australian's. The work helps regional and remote communities stay connected through initiatives such as targeted projects.
Your new role
You will work in a high-profile, complex and fast-pace environment. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- demonstrate strong coordination and organisation skills with a focus on program development and implementation.
- produce written and verbal communication that is clear, concise and readily understood by the intended audience.
- undertake data management to deliver high quality data for analysis.
- produce and evaluate reports using excel databases and interpret mapping applications such as Google Earth and ARC GIS.
- demonstrate analytical skills including the ability to problem solve, access organisational impacts, risks and benefits.
- build relationships and partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders and influence them to achieve agreed outcomes.
- take responsibility for the achievement of team outcomes, monitor team progress and follow through to delivery.
To be successful for the positions you will have previous experience within a similar position and the Federal Government. You will also be highly motivated, flexible to changing priorities, resilient and can work autonomously. You will also have experience using Microsoft Office suite including Excel.
Experience in Grant Agreements and mapping applications would be an advantage for the positions however not essential.
To be considered for this role you will need to be an Australian citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an opportunity to work on a range of program matters which may including developing grant guidelines, undertaking grant assessments and administration, supporting contract negotiations and case managing funding recipients and developing new policy proposals and policy initiatives. You will also receive an attractive hourly rate, on the job training and support, a potential extension, flexibility and career opportunities for the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Ashleigh Martin on (02) 6112 7690. If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact Ashleigh Martin for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.LHS 297508